Magnificent Monday: THE Rock


Isn't it amazing how rocks could be formed from sand ...
wind ...
and heat of the sun?

some from the splashing of the waves... 
and rainfalls...

Others are formed by human hands...

Tolmeita 2003 "Can you see us up there?"
... corrupted by time...

Susa 2004 "You should see the crosses engraved on the columns..."


... ravaged by strife...




Magnificent Monday took me as far as North Africa where I once was a sand blewn by the desert winds...


It took me to different places... 


a nomad in a tent...

tried... purified and tested...


forged

by the different elements of the earth...

I emerged 


a rose...

------------------------


"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" 

-Psalm 18,2

-------------------------------I pray for you dear Libya...

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/libya-conflict



Kindly check out those who have participated in Magnificent Monday here:


http://holesinmysoles.blogspot.com/2011/08/magnificent-monday-rocks.html

Comments

  1. Your writing is always superb and this was even better then usual.
    All free people share your wish !!


    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, beautiful.

    Jim is right, always superb.

    http://jovanecatharticmusings.blogspot.com/2011/08/magnificent-monday-rock.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a unique and beautiful way of putting across anything soul sis. This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, you make a rock look like a rose and turn ordinary things into a thing of beauty and grace. Just like your sensitive and pure heart, your posts are angelic in nature. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. i free my spirits from being a trouble maker. i rest in peace from bearing the heat of scorching sun and resist my existence from the severe cold and terrific storm winds that wish to break me into pieces. i am hard, i am THE ROCK IN DEPTH.

    have never felt so in depth resembling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Melissa. You really interpreted the theme Rocks for Magnificent Monday in a unique manner- rocks stand firm through the ages. Faith stands firm through any trial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa I love how you gave us a complete picture of the true meaning of fortitude and strength, qualities that rocks possess. All the brawn in the world is nothing without the Almighty! Beautiful post as usual. :-)

    http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2011/08/lyric-fire-look-at-my-fabulous-life-episode-1-the-wellingtons.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful interpretation and words for Magnificent Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, I love the beautiful way you express your thoughts and feelings...always so heartfelt and lyrical at once. Your words and images are perfectly suited, and I love your analogy of being purified and tested and emerging a rose...just beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing another lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, you did emerge a rose! Beautiful words by one of the loveliest souls I know.
    And Psalm 18:2, I heart that verse.
    This too. “Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee…”
    And this. “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand…”
    And, “I go to the Rock of my salvation; I go to the stone that the builders rejected. I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me. When the earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the solid rock I stand. When I need a shelter, when I need a friend I go to the rock.”
    Good subject!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love collecting rocks...wonderful pictures Artner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah .. Let's pray for Libya. Seems like you taught people that rock isn't just about a rock but it symbolizes many things. :)
    I love "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams