Self-Mastery Mystery [part 1: AI NO UTA]

Light’s out... power lines were cut. There wasn't a single soul in the street... 
the wind howled like a hungry child in need of its mother...

and there, without the daily hustle and bustle of life, 

the Lord patiently waited for me...


-----0-----


Everyday is a practice to greet each morning with a smile… 

I’m learning to receive whatever comes my way. 

With my hands cupped, I reached out for God’s graces…





What we had in Mongolia for the Medical Editors’ Meet was entirely unique. It was a quiet experience that will remain in my heart forever.





I had a blessed time with my brother ...

... and with the rest of the doctors who participated.

It was there, that the Lord established Himself as my rock...

He was preparing me for something...
-----0-----

25th of August, I felt a stabbing pain on my abdomen... 

After three days of consecutive vomiting, I decided to see a gastroenterologist. I had my urinalysis, CBC and ultrasound done.

29th of August, my gastroenterologist referred me to an ob-gynecologist who immediately decided I needed an operation. The urgency of which came from an enlarged ovary that might rupture anytime ... like a ticking bomb waiting to explode...


-----0-----



The little pieces of the puzzle suddenly fell in place [my low blood pressure, low hemoglobin levels, dysmenorrhea].

I knew someday it would happen but it still came in as a surprise... I received the news with calm. My family, bosses and colleagues were very supportive. 

I have always asked the Lord for a stigmata ~ that was too great a favor to ask for one who is unworthy to carry His wounds...

He gave me a tiny cross instead to carry with Him...

I thought of the people who bore constant pains in their bodies... those whose illnesses were incurable... the dying...

and at the same time, those who are inflicted with suffering because of war and famine...








People ask how I felt about the abrupt change in my schedules...
Surprised but grateful...

I embraced His cross... He embraced me in His cross.


How exactly do I feel?

Remember how our power lines were cut off because of Glenda [16th July 2014]?
It was sudden and unplanned...

Sans the things that gave comfort ~ silence without the distractions [tv, radio, laptop, electric fans/aircons, etc]... that's how I felt inside. 

The Lord before me ~ with me ~ in me...

versus, the howling wind outside ... 

amidst the many voices that kept us out of focus...
I just heard one distinct voice...

I heard His love song in an unfamiliar language...
-----0-----

a preview to the next part...
~a gift from my precious love~

Comments

  1. Ohhh sigma you have... we are those stigma... that for your glory in God and ... for your pain sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Guy. We bear the wounds of Christ in very unique ways. May we be true witnesses to His redemptive love.

      Delete
  2. ... and you heard God's love song in an unfamiliar language.. I wonder what language was that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you listen closely to your heart you'll know Daniel :)

      It's a way of saying, "Lord, I know You love me so much even if I don't understand Your ways."

      Delete
  3. Melissa, for some unknown reason, I just now saw this beautiful reflection of yours today. Perhaps, I needed to know, as I did by e-mail today, that you came through your surgery with flying colors and the Lord is continuing to protect and heal you. Blessings, dear one; I'll keep you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always believe that we have a special connection dear friend. You've always intuited whenever I need prayers. Thank you for your love Martha. You are my ever faithful friend+

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Relationship Status: Attached