A Pilgrim's Journey: The Call to an Adventure



Listening to God's voice is always an invitation to an adventure...
 ...to move from our own buffered selves [little soul] to an infinitely wider space [great soul]
 ...beyond what we can aspire to or imagine." 
~ Bishop Robert Barron, 8 March 2020 homily ~

Early morning on the 22nd of December 2019, we went out to the Sea of Galilee and sailed on a boat. I remembered heeding to the same call of adventure twenty-two years ago...





I felt free and unfree at the same time. I celebrated my independence from my family in this pilgrimage and yet was called to join a bigger family with my co-pilgrims. 





It was never a solitary affair ... not an exclusive cruise for me and Jesus but a journey 'to be with' the people God called together for a purpose...

God took my hand and was led to sing, dance, meditate on the Gospel readings that we had. 

It was a call to 'break free' from what was familiar... the structures that I have acquired from the walls... 'my' plans... from 'my' own ways... my ego and desire to be alone... 



breaking free from playing safe... having faith.

We visited the place where the adventure ... our history of salvation... began. 




The Basilica of the Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph, Nazareth

Our salvation began with Mama Mary's yes. Was I ready to acquiesce?

This church visit reinforced an inner desire in me to say yes to God a second time... to trust that He knows what He is doing after my fall...

Yes, Lord. I want to begin anew. Yes, Lord. I want to be healed. Yes, Lord...I entrust myself to our guide and my co-pilgrims [it may take a while but I am willing to let go].









As if it were not enough, He led us to Mt. Tabor where Jesus was transfigured to strengthen my (our) faith...
The Church of the Transfiguration, Mt. Tabor

It was a sign of hope... an assurance of what was to come ~ the glory... the splendor... the light...

Comments

  1. I feel a soaring in my own soul and I journey with you, Melissa. What a glorious adventure God sent you on!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams