Love Memories

I had a very lively discussion with my mom early this morning. We ate "current issues" for breakfast ~ same sex marriages, relationships, single parenthood, life back then and now. I asked how she and dad reached forty-one years together ~ it wasn't an easy life. She said the younger generation either fears or eschews "sacrifice" and 'self-denial' ~ those are important ingredients to family life ~ sacrifice is the language of love [cf Bishop James Conley].

Sacrifice took a new meaning in my life when I discerned to become a single celibate ~ gone was a life of security, of forming a family, of having children... the Lord gave me "other" families and children.

"Real love is being open to the love that comes to you. 
The LOVE that surprises us." 



Love presented itself as a "twin heart" ~ one who loves Jesus dearly. For a while, I thought it would end up to something else but God had different plans. He continued my life inside the walls. He told me not to "look back" at my past like Lot's wife who became a pillar of salt [Gen.19,26]. A memory should never "paralyze" us nor keep us from moving forward. The Lord always intends that we live full lives.

 "Give us this day our daily love." 
~ Pope Francis, Do Not Fear Forever ~

We celebrated feast and prayer days together. We "healed" memories by transforming them into occasions we could celebrate.



While some friends kept dry petals in jars to reminisce monthsaries of flower giving, I have read that a "love drawer" is a special place where we could put all our treasures together. 

My love drawer took different forms as I grew up. I still keep an altar in my room with the Bible and the LOH. My diaries contained stories of my adventures with Him and now I have 'our' blog, music and videos.




I shall draw strength from the love we share in Jesus...

I shall come back everyday...

and I'll remember everything... 
       I'll remember you and me...

   with a grateful heart+
Secret Life by The Strange Familiar









Related posts:

Comments

  1. Love expresses itself in so many different ways. Yours tells a story of faithfulness and purpose. Stay blessed, dearest Melissa. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much BS. In a way, you have understood "this" love story :) and I am very grateful+

      Delete
  2. Melissa you are loved! These words you wrote said everything, “I shall draw strength from the love we share in Jesus.” ’Love urges us to move on… to bear fruit... to live life to the full.” I remember Jesus tells His friends “do this in memory of Me”. I always translated those words as “Love in memory of Jesus”. Keep busy each day in filling-up your drawer with “love memories” … Fill the world around you with love! I will do the same... Blessings...Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Daniel :) I think the "blessed" part comes when we realize that we are loved by God. I think we all have "love drawers" of some kind... because there are generous people who make themselves part of us.

      Journeying with you always+

      Delete
    2. Journeying with you pour toujours... ainsi soit-il..

      Delete
  3. Love this post M! I love the alter - part vision board, part celebration and part devotion:) I have a feeling that all kinds of love is going to permeate into your life:) The love that is going to surprise you! Great to see you writing more and sharing your love with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were easier to tell it not in parables...but this is the way it has to be Vishnu. And until then, we just have to learn to live in surprises :)

      I look forward to your own love adventure.

      Thank you for always visiting my page. God bless+

      Delete
  4. When I learned that love is really all about sacrifice, I realize that loving others is not at all easy. But it is worth it. So worth it.

    I hope all is well with you, Melissa. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene~love consists of 'sacrifice' and you have experienced that in more ways than one.
      Take care of yourself. Thank you for your visit.
      Yes, all is well +

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams