A Pilgrim's Journey: Part 1

It has always been a challenge (for me) to be with a group of people, i.e., community, and I will be immersed with one for several days during the pilgrimage... 

The Lord called them pilgrims, shepherds, flocks, sisters, companions in the journey. 

Although our motives vary, our goal was direct and simple... to experience Jesus in the pilgrimage.

12th December 2019 Orientation

We were given our kits before Mass and Introduction to The Pilgrim's Center. There we already met our pilgrim Chaplain, Fr. Lucas and pilgrim guide, Monty. And it was also there that I met my roommate, Shepherds and flock mates. While the microphone was passed around, I checked their faces and tried to recall each one of them by their names in the directory.

I'm lost... were my first words at The Pilgrim's Center.

where is God leading me?

It was Tita Rose who greeted me in the washroom and led me to the orientation room. I met Jean who gave me the kit. I sat beside Roselyn, my roommate. In front of me was Tita Cons (my future prayer partner). She was very emotional at that time (most of us were). It was easy to remember nanay Mayet who asked questions (for us). I looked for nanay Carmelita (Flock 3's other shepherd). I remember Chi Chi and Clara who were also sitting in front. Ailene (my other flock mate) was at the back with nanay Mimi (who I initially thought was her mom). Bro Jojo and ate Melody were on the farther right of the room   Tita Rose on the other side and the Tupaz family from the US.


These were the few faces and names that I remembered during the Orientation. Although I was there, I did not interact much with them and I do not recall most of what were shared... 

I shared that I started giving out gifts to myself when I reached forty and at 43, I felt it right to have the pilgrimage. I wanted to ask Jesus something personally that I had to be there where He was born...

What was the Lord preparing me for at Israel?



Comments

  1. Love that you gave this gift to yourself, Melissa. Can't wait to see the gift that God had in store for you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha ~ God's gift is the best surprise in my life :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams