Nostalgic Titanic Moment




Welcome to the Art of Sharing
A blogfest of "Nostalgic Moments" from 7 September to 24 September 2011
It was one of the best romantic films of the 90s...


and it always brings me back to that time when I started life outside college...


No more....
classroom walls... 
Clinical Instructors to guide us...
lunch outs... 
staying up late for Case Reports...


Life has always been home...school...hospital duties...church...
I was thrilled of the life ahead of me...


my nurse lamp


Then one fine day, He came to me and asked me if I wanted an adventure...


Jack: "Come on, just give me your hand."
Rose: "You're crazy."


I just graduated...


Jack: "Whew! I'm Jack Dawson."




He completely swept me off my feet... God, I was so in love...
and for ten years, we held on to each other... 
 through thick and thin...


He took me everywhere... with Him...


my missionary lamp


The more I love Him... the more I love the people we both cared for...
I drew my strength from Him...



Jack: "Promise you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise."


Rose: (letting go of Jack's hand) I''ll never let go, Jack, I promise."


Why did it not last... forever?


Jack: "I have no-nothing to offer you and I know that. I understand. But I'm too involved now. You jump, I jump remember? I can't turn away without knowing you'll be all right... That' s all that I want."


Rose: Well, I'm fine... I'll be fine... really."


Jack: "Really? I don't think so. They've got you trapped, Rose. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but... sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose, that fire's gonna burn out."


Rose: "It's not up to you to save me, Jack."


Jack: "You're right... only you can do that."




I still think of you... and what could've been...


Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart and
My heart will go on 


"For those who are near are far away... and this shows the space around you is beginning to grow vast... be happy about your growth, in which of course you can't take anyone with you, and be gentle with those who stay behind..."


-Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet



There's always this "What if.."?


Rose: "I promise."


Jack: "Never let go."


Rose: "I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go."



I'd like to share this poem to those who love deeply and passionately... 

If your life dream
has been fulfilled,
you may feel that something
is still missing.
Recast your dream
so that it fits
who you are now.
Embrace
your transformed dream.
-edith padilla (9.19.99)




Rose:  "I love you, Jack."






All quotes from the movie Titanic: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/quotes

Comments

  1. Outstanding Artner!!!
    Taking me back in time as well.
    Exploring the song and the film on a brand new dimension...

    ReplyDelete
  2. time and always, there is so much love in me that i will spread the love across the lands and oceans, i will share the passion with all other emotions, i will bear the pain that has to rain, i will spare the hold that i behold.....to be with you in earth or heaven however old.

    nostalgia is a treasure to protect the precious moments you care. loved the way you spoke about nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Melissa,and the sketch is out of this world..........OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..i remember watchin dis movie as a kid..and remember cryin like a baby while watchin it...
    ..d way u ve described ur nostalgic moment is really ' out of dis world ' as alpana has said..
    ..u ve beautifully described it wid ur power packed words..laced wid dollops of emotions..
    ..u write frm ur heart n dat shows...
    ..my ' salute ' fr dat..i wish 'Jack ' sees dis post..am sure..he ll b in seventh heaven.. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Melissa and I love the drawing, as ever,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mely ths s one f ma fav movie honey...loved it...yes love is DIVINE....its true only wen from soul...n wt a great sketch...damn!!!!

    BEAUTIFULLLLLLL LOVE U!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and touching sentiment, Melissa, and awesome drawing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Melissa. I was really moved by this post, especially the line about the fire someday burning out. It reminds me we must not let that happen in ourselves and do our best to stop it from happening in those we love. We must always try to keep that spark, that fire that is uniquely us and our gift, alive. Thanks for this today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melissa, this is so beautiful! You touched me deeply with this post. I am forever grateful! I am going to blast this into Cyberspace! xxxx

    My contribution to Nostalgic moments: http://nelietatravellingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/09/nostalgic-moments.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a true artist you create energy with your thoughts and words.
    I have never seen this movie but you have made me interested in seeing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, I thought your last post was one of the most beautiful, but this tops it! Titanic is one of my favorite films and the lines you selected pull at the very heart of me. I love how in your posts you give us so much to feast on. Movie lines, quotes, poetry and your own reflections. Your sketch is so lovely. Your talent is immeasurable. So glad to know you mamita!

    http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2011/09/lyric-fire-who-am-i-soul-inner-viewing.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa I love the sketch... it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, this was amazingly done! Great work! This for sharing this with me! Don't know how I missed this one? Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my first posts after so long and I have tears in my eyes as I read this. It is beautiful soul sis, just like you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Titanic really was a something - wasn't it Melissa! I have my moment of nostalgia around it too. Many many memories... But what I love most about this post are the last few lines you have shared. I think that extends to many other fields outside the purview of love as well. Those are immortal lines. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melissa, My dearest friend you are amazing. I love your posts and wait for them eagerly because I know you put so much of your self in those. Love is a language you know by heart and it speaks to us all. Lovely movie, quotes, your feelings top them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melissa, why did I not know you were an artist? A remarkable one at that!
    I remember when Titanic hit the screen, all my students insisted on playing, “My Heart Will Go On.”
    I still want to cry thinking of frost-bitten Jack in that freezing water…

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also love this movie! I remembered the first time I watched this, I was teary eyed! And I still watch it all over again. I still remember the scenes and can't help but to cry. What a touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i loved this post. The whole thing made me think. Keep writing more of them dear. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This made me cry!!! I don't know how the heart really goes on??? Yes, memories fade, time heals, and the pain subsides... but the bond is never really broken! It is so sad and at the same time I am shocked at how powerful our HEARTS are. Somethings we will never truly understand, but God knows... For He IS love! Therefore, our love lasts forevermore, whether the person is still in our life or not! Beautiful post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do agree that it was a wonderful movie. Love never dies. :) :) good blog .

    !Ste

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Jack" will never let you go... hold on to Him...we miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello.
    This is one of those all time great movies. Even I shed a tear or two watching it. I love Celine Dion's music too. For a petite woman, she has a big voice & we all know she can sing.
    Melissa, you have so much talent...your sketch is AMAZING!
    Great post.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams