Soul Mates

*Disclaimer: All images lifted from Google. No copyright infringement intended. 

I don't know who you are... or if we have even met?

I just know that you are here... I could feel you ...
closer to me more than I could ever imagine...

 ----------------------
Sulekha Rawat's Collage of Soul Mate articles invite...
http://sulekkha.blogspot.com/2011/09/lets-make-collage-of-articles.html

While it holds true that we usually equate our "soul mates" to its romantic angle, it's also good to look at its other dimensions... I believe that we all have...


Twin flames... born of the same desires and passions...  

St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross

Twin souls... even at the beginning of time...

 St. Scholastica and St. Benedict

...mystical...

 St. Francis de Sales and St. Frances de Chantal

...spiritual...

St. Clare and St. Francis of Assisi

"It is lovely to be able to love on earth as one loves in heaven, and to learn to love one another in this world as we will eternally in the next. I am not speaking here of the simple love of charity, because we must have this for all people; I am speaking of spiritual friendship, in the ambit of which two, three or more persons exchange devotion, spiritual affections, and truly become one  spirit" (Introduction to the Devout Life, III, 19).

...transcendent...


Have you heard of Fr.Maurice Belliere in the life of 
St. Therese of Lisieux?



I believe our souls are meant for the Supreme One...
and He gifts us with our spiritual halves in this lifetime...

----------------
Along my journey, God blessed me with a spiritual companion whom I met three years after I wrote this post. It's amazing how our soul connections work. 

---forever grateful Jesus for Your gift---
of a soulmate...
of love...

---------


Comments

  1. magnificient lines, with picturesque soothings. :)

    www.anshul-gautam.blogspot.com/2011/09/college-fees.htmlmagnificient lines, with picturesque soothings. :)

    www.anshul-gautam.blogspot.com/2011/09/college-fees.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, your post talks about real Soul mates. I like your confidence in your soul mate, he definitely prays for you every day. Love your post and thank you for making my event so beautiful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, the debate over Soul mate had been around since the time of the early Christians as they try to mingle Roman religion with Christianity.
    Why combined mysticism with faith in God? New Age religion that started the idea of soul mate always intended it for the "one flesh" and worst of it as having multiple "soul mate"...Our souls as always is meant for God....as the Bible points out That the lamb will marry the church.
    Twin souls or twin flames goes its credit to Greek mythology...Gemini the twin.
    It is confusing to me how Soul Mate philosophy try to cope up and mix with Biblical perspective.
    Let us clear the notion of soul mate or partner, that is on heavenly realm...something than the Bible does not support.
    What the Bible support is earthly companionship or prayer partners, co-workers in the church like Paul and Timothy, Paul and Silas, Peter and John.
    Soul mate is someone that will help our soul or destined for our soul on the spiritual realm according to what you just shared. But it seems to be the job of The Holy Spirit, not another human soul. Read John 14:26

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an additional reading material Artner from the comforter of our soul...
    "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."-- John 14:26
    John 16:7, 8, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment."
    One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to comfort the believer. The word "comforter" means "one to run to our side and pick us up." This is what Jesus had done while He was on the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very very beautiful. One of the most lovely reflections on soul mates I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm..I wonder..This concept is boggling my mind. Uv informed me more on this now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always such a brilliant presentation, and wonderful account of true soul mates

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soul mates have spiritual connection to each other. Soul mates are connected to each through love that is always pure, untainted. Loved this one. A very different approach to all the romantic angles that have been written about soul mates

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful explanation on soul-mate. spirally bound spirituality of two souls radiating the same energy strands......SOUL-MATE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well presented! I love the way you wrote of the spiritual aspect of soul mates. And how wonderful that you have a spiritual companion who prays for you every day. That is a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...simply beautiful. You have such a lovely faith, I love watching it blossom so radiant.
    ~blessings sis

    ReplyDelete
  12. life is all about the bliss of two souls...nicely crafted words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a list of soul friends you’ve compiled here Melissa: St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila… and on goes the names and faces of spiritual friends.

    This soul companion of yours will remain in your heart and prayers throughout eternity, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done a great job by sharing this informative post. I would like to appreciate your good work and also would like to encourage you to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. God's Will at times cannot be explained... it has to be lived. For, God's Will is not a matter of reason, but a matter of LOVE. Very nice post, Melissa Would it be nice to have a sequel of this post?
    Hahahaha I will wait :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Friends

Be

Of Cups and Dreams